Monday, February 22, 2010

What in the World are Artist Trading Cards?





I've been working on artist trading cards, or ATCs for short. These are little works, 2.5 x 3.5 inches, and are traded or swapped but never sold. I am absolutely loving this. It is a nice little community of artists and creative types who get together and share ideas, techniques, and inspiration. Sometimes we collaborate and make group cards or other art objects. Anyone can participate and it is all about sharing and collaborating. I have joined a local group called New England Artist Trading Cards Plus. We meet at least once a month and make stuff and trade cards. I have also joined a couple of online groups. The pointillism cards above were made for a mail swap. I've made four total and will be mailing them soon to the coordinator. I will get 3 mystery cards back and one of my cards will go to the swap coordinator as a thank-you for organizing it. It is all really very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment